Monday, July 30, 2012

Fortunate, We Are...
Thunder Bay is reminiscent of a large artist colony.  Living on the North shore of Lake Superior most of my life, it is not hard to see why it attracts so many creative and artistic souls.  There is something special about the beauty and security of being on the largest body of fresh water in the world.  The Sleeping Giant view from the Thunder Bay harbour is always beautiful and the changing seasons makes it perpetually interesting to try and capture in a piece of artwork.

As For The Talent...
One of my favourite local artists is Cindy Erwin.  It would be nearly impossible for me to try and describe her work and give it any sort of honour or justice, so I'm just going to show you some of her unique recent works:












...Though she works primarily in acrylic and marker, I have been privy to seeing her shine in many multi-media pieces; fimo clay, found art objects (i.e. broken mirror, rocks-as above etc), prints/collage, natural elements and more.  For now, she is a private seller but I know I am hoping to see her in upcoming local shows as often as she is participating. 

More Later...

C.

No comments:

Post a Comment